Region Skåne: climate advisory board
Detailed description of the Good Practice
The climate advisory board of Region Skåne has the task to investigate the tasks that need to be accomplished in relation to climate change in Skåne.
There are a considerable amount of processes and initiatives under way in Skåne, that focus on energy and climate. Region Skåne (county council) has established a climate advisory board who have a role to investigate the requirements needed to be accomplished in relation to climate change in Skåne. The climate advisory board consists of representatives from each party represented in the board of Region Skåne and representatives from Skåne Association of Local Authorities.
Objectives of the Good Practice
- To perform a survey of relevant conditions for Skåne and to observe the specific problems seen from a climate change perspective;
- To describe and suggest measures regarding how the activity within the region of Skåne can lower greenhouse gas emissions;
- Elucidate the work against climate change that the Region of Skåne will carry out internally;
- Investigate and describe the initial tasks that have previously been completed in Skåne and to fulfill future tasks that will have to be carried out regarding the issue of climate change in Skåne;
- To decide upon suitable measures that will have to be carried out with an appropriate starting-point from different fall-outs with regards to the issue of climate change, taking into consideration the positive and negative points;
- Suggest measures and investments that need to be made within the energy business branch;
- Coordinate the work with the Skåne Association of local authorities and the county administrative board of Skåne;
- Put a broader perspective on the challenge involving the Öresunds committee within the work;
- The climate advisory board shall present their work at the international climate conference held by UN in Copenhagen at December 2009.
Participants of the Good Practice
The climate advisory board consists of representatives from each party represented in the board of Region Skåne and representatives from Skåne Association of Local Authorities.
Funding of the Good Practice
Region Skåne is funding the advisory board and the task.
More Details of the Good Practice
- There are three essential steps in the work; survey, coordinate and suggest;
- The tasks will be performed between November 2007 to October 2009;
- Meeting within the board each month;
- Close cooperation with private and public actors;
- Investigation of risks and possibilities, and present climate change work in Skåne shall be finished spring 2008;
- Analysis of the investigation should be the base for suggested measures;
- During the existence of the board, public hearings will be held as well as participation in the regional energy fair;
- An active dialogue with public and private actors.
- A list of approximately 1300 undertaken or on-going measures energy and climate measures currently existin Skåne;
- Participation at regional energy fair.
Critical Success Factors / Challenges
Success factors are:-
- Brave decision makers;
- Skilful strategies;
- Good quality of the performed investigation;
- Skilful coordination;
- Humble approach to all partners involved.
Documentation and documents
Pepesec Energy Planning
Anders Nylanderc (Anders.firstname.lastname@example.org), Energikontoret Skåne.
Data sources and references
Pepesec Energy Planning
http://www.pepesecenergyplanning.eu/archives/133 (Accessed July 16, 2009)