Paper-free City Board Meetings
Detailed description of the Good Practice
The project “Paper free Meetings of the City Board” covers the development of a new way of document sharing in the administration of the City of Kaarina that implements a change of working process. The fact must be remarked that the case doesn’t concern the implementation of a new IT solution but an effective use of already existing programs and technologies.
Objectives of the Good Practice
The aim of the project was to make paper-free meetings of city board of Kaarina possible. The project is part of the general effort of the administration to provide all decisions and materials on the web and to reduce the paper amount which circulates every day within the administration.
Results: Since April 2007 a new kind of document sharing is used by the members of the City Board, and it is planned to enlarge this project to the members of the City Council and of other boards.
- remarkably lower paper consumption
- saving costs of copying, saving paper and producing less waste
- saving time for preparing a meeting
- increased local democracy: all the documents & appendixes are available for the public in the internet
Participants of the Good Practice
- City board of Kaarina: the initiator
- Triplan Oy: enterprise that provides the case management system “KuntaToimisto”
- A1 Media Oy: a small IT firm that realized the new way of handling documents
Target group of the Good Practice
City board of Kaarina
More Details of the Good Practice
More information about the project implementation and the technological solutions can be found in the attachment.
Documentation and documents
City of Kaarina
Lautakunnankatu 4, PL 12
Phone: +358 (2) 588 4000
Fax: +358 (2) 243 4066
Data sources and references
(Visited on the 26th of November 2008)